Alert Technology Now Recruiting – Manufacturing & Development Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists for a Manufacturing and Development engineer to join Alert Technology’s rapidly growing business with varied and interesting technical challenges bringing to market the Asbestos ALERT real-time airborne asbestos warning device.
Vacancy: Manufacturing and Development Engineer
Accountability: Reports to Alert Senior Technical/Operations Manager
Background: Alert Technology Ltd, have developed the world’s first real time airborne asbestos warning device – Asbestos ALERT. We are now seeking a full-time, experienced, hands-on engineer to assist our growth.
Alert Technology intends to become a world-class manufacturing company developing a range of asbestos monitoring and detection devices for various market sectors, both as standalone systems and potentially integrated into other equipment platforms. To achieve this we need to take our established and successful prototype design and working with our technology partner, develop new models, improve performance, drive down costs and implement a controlled manufacturing process that is documented and quality controlled.
Role: The engineer will actively assist with
– Technology transfer process
– Product development and improvement
– Analysis and interpretation of data
– Process set-up and maintenance
– Production of process documentation
– Troubleshooting and repair field units
– Training of production technicians and operators and provide limited supervisory responsibility
– Be capable of applying solid engineering theory and practice to ensure successful transition from prototype to productionised product
Candidate qualifications, qualities and requirements:
– Degree qualified or relevant long term and demonstrable relevant industry experience
– Long term and broad experience in both development and manufacturing engineering
– Demonstrable knowledge of electronic, electrical, mechanical and optical systems
– Broad background in electronic engineering / manufacturing with a wide range of knowledge of current and developing manufacturing & production processes and materials
– Ability/familiarity with CAD/CAM and analysis software packages an advantage
– Some understanding and practical experience of software writing and de-bug
– Excellent ICT skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– The ability to read and interpret electronic engineering technical drawings and specifications
– A working understanding of production planning and scheduling
– A working understanding of quality management systems
– A working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation
– A working understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools
– Excellent personal organisation and administrative skills
Full training regarding asbestos related issues and how the ALERT device works will be provided. The company HO is Paignton, Devon but some off-site working may be required at our technology partner in Hatfield, at our satellite office in Kent, or at field trial or customer sites in the UK and EU.
Salary Range: From £25k (depending on qualifications and relevant experience)
Contact: Loretta King, Director, Alert Technology Ltd on [email protected]